2013 Orthopaedic Surgery Symposium
Acute Management of Orthopaedic Injuries
The Boonshoft School of Medicine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation presented its second annual orthopaedic surgery symposium, Acute Management of Orthopaedic Injuries, on Friday, Nov. 15, at Wright State University, in Dayton, Ohio. The symposium presented current best practices for physicians, nurses and other health professionals who care for and come in contact with orthopaedic patients. Presentations covered acute management of orthopaedic injuries in the areas of lacerations and minor burns, athletic shoulder injuries, foot and ankle injuries, knee injuries and hand injuries.
Videos of all five presentations are posted on YouTube:
- Initial Evaluation and Treatment of Lacerations and Minor Burns, presented by R. Michael Johnson, M.D., with Opening Remarks from Cory J. Ellis, M.D.
- Initial Evaluation and Treatment of Foot and Ankle Injuries, presented by Gregory L. Barbour, D.P.M.
- Initial Evaluation and Treatment of Common Hand Injuries, presented by Indresh Venkatarayappa, M.D.
- Initial Evaluation and Treatment of Common Athletic Shoulder Injuries, presented by R. Joseph Rubino, M.D.
- Initial Evaluation and Treatment of Common Knee Injuries, presented by Matthew W. Lawless, M.D., with Closing Remarks from Cory J. Ellis, M.D.