Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Procedure number: 240
Revised: March 2009
Subject: Non-Continuance-Fully and Partially Affiliated
FULLY AFFILIATED FACULTY
1. At the time of continuance review, the department with appropriate justification can recommend non-continuance for a faculty member. The department must provide and maintain extensive documentation supporting this recommendation/decision.
2. The departmental recommendation must be forwarded to the Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs.
3. The Office of Faculty and Clinical Affairs will send decisions for non-continuance to the dean, the chair and the faculty member citing reasons for this decision. This process must be completed and the faculty member must be notified seven months prior to the end of the faculty appointment term.
4. Due process must be accorded the faculty member throughout this process and provided in consultation with the university General Counsel. (see Procedure 620: Appeals for WSU Employed Faculty / Hearing Board)
PARTIALLY AFFILIATED FACULTY
1. The same process governs the non-continuance of partially affiliated faculty with respect to recommendations by the department. The faculty member should be notified two months prior to the end of the appointment term.
2. The appeal mechanism for voluntary faculty members is confined to the School.
Updated March 4, 2009 (sho)