The Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) is an organization that gives students a glimpse into family medicine and the many different career opportunities available. All medical students, whatever their interests, are encouraged to attend informational meetings, which are held monthly. Each month will have a "focus" which will be the central theme of the month — this theme covers the meeting, any procedural/skills labs or community service projects held that month.
Membership is free. As members of the American Academy of Family Physicians, students receive a journal by mail each month and are encouraged to get involved at the state and national level. The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians pays the annual membership fee for medical students. You can join anytime — just e-mail Sarita Metzger, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need a copy of the form.
Feel free to contact any of us at any time with questions, concerns or ideas!
Austin Williams: email@example.com
- Wright State University Family Medicine Residency
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM)
- Northeast Region of STFM: Family Medicine Education Consortium Inc.
- Fall Picnic
- What is family medicine- exploring the depths
- Sports medicine, casting lab
- Geriatrics, caroling at nursing homes
- Rural medicine
- Women's health, fruit of the womb lab
- Alternative medicine
- End-of-life, hospice care
- Balancing family/family medicine
- Residency dinner
- Resident/Student Retreat