2013 Annual Surgical Symposium
Emerging Issues & Controversies in Vascular Surgery
The Department of Surgery in conjunction with Miami Valley Hospital presented a one-day symposium on various topics in vascular surgery for primary care physicians, surgeons, vascular specialists, podiatrists, nursing and other allied medical professionals and trainees in the greater Dayton area.
Friday, September 27, 2013, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Miami Valley Hospital, Berry Women’s Center
There were two distinct tracks for PCP/nursing and vascular specialists. Topics included:
- Care of aortic emergencies
- Management of peripheral artery disease and its complications
- Decision making regarding cerebrovascular disease
- The diabetic foot and a team approach to limb salvage
- Taking care of lower extremity ulcers
- Discussion of venous disorders
- Medical versus surgical outlook on renal artery stenosis