Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
Sponsored Graduate Medical Education Programs
Residents - Selection
Revised January 2002; Updated July 2010
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to WSU sponsored programs:
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, or
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
Programs will select from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Programs will not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
In selecting from among qualified applicants, WSUSOM sponsored programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), and Armed Forces Selection Boards whenever available and applicable. All selections are made by the program director in collaboration with the teaching faculty.