Recruitment of Classified/Unclassified Hourly Staff
Request to Recruit Staff Position
If the position is funded by general funds (namely fund 190002), the department must complete the Strategic Hire Request Form and submit it to the Office of Fiscal Affairs for approval. The approved form will be forwarded to the provost's office (the department will be copied on the forwarding email). After the provost's office returns the form (PDF version) to the department, the form should be attached to the PeopleAdmin position posting.
The job posting is an online process. Only those individuals trained to use the People Admin Online Employment System may create a job posting. Contact Human Resources, 937-775-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for training information.
- Human Resources assigns a Position Number after reviewing the forms and the advertisement.
- Human Resources notifies the originator by email when the position is posted on the WSU Employment Opportunities web site. This email also serves as approval to post advertisements in any publications or venues for which the department is responsible.
- Applications are accepted until the deadline.
- Applications are screened by the Human Resources Department.
- The Online Employment System acknowledges all applications via e-mail.
- Human Resources notifies the department by e-mail when a list of applicants is ready for interviews.
- The department informs Human Resources of its selection and confirms the title and salary after review of the interviewed applicants.
- The department calls the selected applicant to make a verbal offer contingent upon a successful background check.
- Note: The background check takes one to three business days.
- Human Resources sends the selected applicant a confirming offer letter.
- The Online Employment System generates denial letters to other applicants.
- The department completes a Personnel Action Form (PAF) and submits it to the Office of Fiscal Affairs. The form is available on the Human Resources Web site.
- If a candidate verbally declines a position, the department informs Human Resources and may proceed with an offer to a second candidate. If no other offers will be made, the department should inform Human Resources of its plans, i.e., not fill the position, continue with the search, and so on.