Frequently Asked Questions

What is the WSU Medical Alumni Association?

The Medical Alumni Association of the Wright State University School of Medicine was established in 1983 to form a support system of individuals who share a common professional endeavor and who join in concern for medical education. The purpose of the association is to further the educational, social, and charitable interests of School of Medicine alumni.

How can I join the MAA?

Membership is extended to all post-graduates of the Wright State University School of Medicine. When you graduate, you automatically join the Medical Alumni Association; there are no dues to pay. As long as you keep your address updated, you will receive information about upcoming events and opportunities.

How can I become a voluntary faculty member at the Boonshoft School of Medicine?

New faculty appointments are coordinated through the various departments here at the Boonshoft School of Medicine. If you are interested in applying for a faculty position, contact the appropriate department as listed on our web page.

What does the MAA do for students and alumni?

Over the years, the Medical Alumni Association has provided reunion planning assistance, planned regional events, operated the Bed and Board program, helped with the publication of the student yearbook and the medical alumni directory, and offered many other student and alumni services and activities. The MAA also gives out an annual scholarship for a deserving fourth year medical student.

How do I obtain a transcript?

To request your transcript, download this form and follow the instructions.

Where can I buy SOM alumni merchandise?

EmbroiderMe, franchise near the medical school, hosts a web site specifically designed for the Boonshoft School of Medicine. Click here to order items from the apparel line as well as gift items.

I haven't been receiving any mail or updates from the School of Medicine. How can I start receiving mail?

You may call us at (937) 245-7610, fax us at (937) 245-7949, or send us an email. Alternately, you can submit your Class Note online. To receive our monthly e-newsletter, be sure to include your email address.

Can you help me get in touch with a fellow alumnus?

For privacy reasons, the School of Medicine will not give out addresses and phone numbers of alumni. However, if you give us your contact information, we will pass it and a message along to the requested alumnus. Please be sure to send us your name, the name of the alumnus your are seeking, and your preferred contact information. We will send you a confirmation message once we have contacted the alumnus.

How can I stay in touch with my classmates?

You can subscribe to your class email directory. This is a quick and convenient way to stay in touch with classmates across the nation. Just e-mail the Office of Advancement to request a username and password.

What is the difference between the Medical Alumni Association (MAA) and the WSU Alumni Association (WSUAA)?

The WSUAA is a dues-paying organization open to all WSU alumni. The MAA has no annual dues and is only open to School of Medicine alumni.

How can I get more involved with the Medical Alumni Association?

One great way to get involved is by serving on the MAA Advisory Board, a group of medical alumni who meet twice a year. If interested in serving on the board, you may call us at (937) 245-7610, fax us at (937) 245-7949 or send us an email. Another great way to get involved is by enrolling in the Bed and Board Program or attending one of our upcoming events.

How can I make a gift to the School of Medicine?

You can send your check made payable to "WSU Foundation" to: Office of Advancement, Boonnshoft School of Medicine , 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton, OH 45435. Alternately, you can make your gift online via the University's secure server. Be sure to indicate how you would like to designate your gift, such as the SOM Excellence Fund, a particular scholarship, or a specific program/department.

How can I update my address or give you information for Class Notes?

You may call us at (937) 245-7610, fax us at (937) 245-7949 or send us an email. Alternately, you can submit your Class Note online. All Class Notes will be available in our online searchable database.

I submitted a Class Note but it wasn't printed in Vital Signs. Why?

Vital Signs runs on a limited publication schedule. In addition, we receive far more class notes than we can actually print in each issue. That's why we have the online database.

What if I have a question that isn't answered on this page?

For any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact the SOM Office of Advancement by phone (937) 245-7610 or email. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).