The majority of the links below connect you to electronic journals provided by the WSU Library or OhioLink, affording full text access to articles for Wright State University faculty and staff.
We thank the WSU Library for this and so many more great online resources and services.
If You Are Off Campus
If you are logging into OhioLink from OFF CAMPUS, you will need a University ID (UID). The UID is different from your CAMPUS account that you use to access WINGS. To find your UID, you must first have a CAMPUS username (e.g., w001abc) and password. For assistance contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, 1-888-775-4827 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Medicine
- Advances in Health Sciences Education
- ACP Journal Club (American College of Physicians)
- British Medical Journal - BMJ
- CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal = Journal de l'Association Medicale Canadienne
- Evaluation & the Health Professions
- Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions (current year not available)
- Journal of Family Practice
- Journal of the American Medical Association - JAMA
- Medical Education
- Medical Education Online
- Medical Teacher
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine
- The Clinical Teacher (current year not available)
- The Lancet
- BioMed Central is an open access publisher of over 100 peer-reviewed journals.
- Edumed News is a free on-line newsletter for news and events on distance education in medicine and health and other topics related to information technology applications in the educational area, such as Internet, telehealth and telemedicine, health informatics, etc. It is an official publication of the Edumed Institute for Education in Medicine and Health.
- The WSU Library serves as a scholarly information center for the Boonshoft SOM and other health science-related colleges and departments. It collects, organizes and facilitates access to scholarly resources in all formats; supports teaching, learning and research; and provides instruction in the use of traditional and new information resources and technologies.
- Free Medical Journals is dedicated to the promotion of free access to medical journals over the Internet.
- HighWire Press is one of the largest archive of free full-text science. As of 2/8/08, they are assisting in the online publication of 1,839,345 free full-text articles and 4,644,252 total articles.
- MedEdPORTAL is a new approach to online publication that offers peer review for teaching resources. Examples of MedEdPORTAL publications include tutorials, virtual patients, cases, lab manuals, assessment instruments, faculty development materials, etc. MedEdPORTAL is a resource designed to help faculty publish and share educational resources. MedEdPORTAL was designed to promote collaboration and educational scholarship by facilitating the open exchange of peer-reviewed teaching resources.
- Public Library of Science is one of several initiatives that promote open access to scientific and medical literature. They have launched a nonprofit scientific publishing venture that will provide scientists with high-quality, high-profile journals in which to publish their most important work, while making the full contents freely available for anyone to read, distribute or use for their own research.
- PubMed Central is a digital archive of life sciences journal literature developed and managed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM). NLM is taking the lead in preserving and maintaining unrestricted access to the electronic literature. PubMed Central aims to fill the role of a world class library in the digital age. It is not a journal publisher. NLM believes that giving all users free and unrestricted access to the material in PubMed Central is the best way to ensure the durability and utility of the archive as technology changes over time.
- Annals of Behavioral Science and Medical Education is an official publication of the Association for the Behavioral Sciences and Medical Education. It is a peer-reviewed journal that is distributed to all ABSAME members. Articles include data based research, conceptual and review papers, and papers describing curriculum and evaluation projects.
- PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 17 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources.